So far today, I have felt such crazy up/down emotions it’s nuts. Let me take you through my day. Trust me, in the end you will understand why I wrote this on my “Weight related Wednesday” post…
- Woke up late… and thus was 10 minutes late to work as well.
- Scale-hopped and it was nice to me. 🙂
- Got a phone call at 8:30am saying that the pants I brought to the dry cleaners were indeed done last night… but the person helping me couldn’t find them when I was there. Wrote it on my list of things “to do” to go back after work today to get them. I forgot, and have to go there on my way to the church meeting.
- So busy at work, I didn’t know really which way to “turn”… but still had time for some good ‘ole boredom eating. (How does this happen?!?!)
- I have a new crush… and he’s been on my mind A LOT today.
- Got a manicure on my lunch hour… and remembered just why I really need to do this more often.
- Can’t find “Aeroplane” by Red Hot Chili Peppers on iTunes. Debating buying the album at Best Buy yet tonight… if they even have it.
- Because of last minute things I need to do before I fly to Houston tomorrow, I missed my Weight Watchers Meeting. It was probably a really good one too.
- I bought a new computer case for my trip. The backpack just isn’t going to cut it this time.
- I am still not packed. Nothing like waiting ’til the last minute. (But apparently I have time to blog. Hmmm…….)
So ultimately all of these things, the ranges of emotions – the feelings of joy, excitement, happiness, confusion, fear, boredom, and even a sense of being overwhelmed really got to me – especially this morning. I’ll admit it. I’m not perfect. I ate all of my points by lunch…
I also have to add, I am a little (ok, VERY) fearful of this trip. I have my next weigh in mid-late next week, and in years past I have experienced some substantial gains after this trip. Most of it is waterweight from the *extremely* salty food that previous hotels have served, but there also is the alcohol and sweets factor that comes up as well. Hopefully they’ll serve cheesecake for dessert – I don’t like it – so no temptation for me there. And who knows… we might not go bar-hopping. Overall, still a little fear resides to the unknowns of what will be happening in about 24 hours.
Off to a meeting at church now… then pack and get to bed.
I have to up tomorrow at 3:30a… hopefully I won’t turn off the alarm this time around because I don’t want to miss out on the 75 degree temperatures!